Saturday, May 16, 2009

Abundant Life

Several years ago this book was sent in my path, by way of a professor at Lee. It was actually required reading. However, after the first few pages I indulged in every word as I ventured out into one of the greatest journeys of my life yet. I am reminded of the healing work God did in my life long ago on a day where the pain of past hurts has somehow found itself surfacing again.

During a season of betrayal, hurt, abandonment, and a broken heart God sent me one divine revelation after another concerning healing. I am so thankful on days like today when situations resurface painful situations that God's spirit is here to remind me and re-teach me of God's forgiveness, His greatest forte.

Through reading, writing and studying God's word, resources and listening to His voice here are some powerful things he taught me years ago that I still have to cling to today.

1. Choosing healing is choosing life, abundantly.
Isn't that so true!? Have you ever wondered what living life abundantly meant? It means living completely free through healing. When we are healed and detached from painful situations we are experiencing life the way God intended for us to. After all, he didn't climb the hill of Calvary for nothing!

2. When you forgive, you shouldn't expect reconciliation.
I've been hurt by many people, we all have been. But one situation I experienced was unbearable. I literally didn't think I could make it through the hurt of betrayal. One reason this pain lasted me so long was because I kept hoping for reconciliation. I kept wondering, "What am I missing? When will they be my friend again? When will they apologize for what they have done?" Then the sweet Holy Spirit revealed to me that forgiveness is an intimate matter of the heart between oneself and Him.
My whole life I thought it was between myself and someone else but it is truly something we must deal with through the Father. I honestly believe true forgiveness is supernatural. I think I was deceived somewhere along the way that when you say you are sorry or admit where you were wrong reconciliation would just always occur. Unfortunately, in this particular situation after years of the occurrence, the person and I have not reconciled. I have tried but in every effort I experienced more and more feelings of failure hoarding in my heart. Don't be deceived that you haven't forgiven because reconciliation doesn't occur.

3. Forgiveness is simply a supernatural release.
When forgiving we must release the person from the action, the emotion from the situation and the situation and emotions to God. This is sometimes difficult, especially on days like today. My heart aches, I've cried, I've talked about it but until in the stillness of His presence I release these hurts once again I will not find peace from this hurt.

So, here I am once again. I am asking for God's help, releasing all I can and resting in His supernatural peace. I love His peace. His strength is truly perfect.

No comments: