Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A little bit of this and a little bit of that...

This is one of the many shots from Frakes Photography. I love all of the ones we have seen so far. The rest of his shoot should be posted soon and I will let you know the link when I am contacted. For those of you who don't know, I entered Dalen in a photo contest. You can help our family out by voting for him...
Go to www.Frakesphotography.com
Click on the 3rd picture that says model search
Vote for Dalen! You can vote up to 10 times!
*There are only a few days left for voting so go now!

Last night we had one of the most memorable dinners yet. We went out with my parents, Yibby and Meredith. Out of nowhere Dalen began to copy everything my Dad did. My dad would cross his arms-Dalen would cross his. My dad would sigh-Dalen would sigh. We just laughing hysterically at his copycat behavior. We have always known Dalen has a HUGE place in his heart for his "Papa" (he recently began calling him that on his own with no encouragement to do so). So I think Dad has officially gone from Grump to Big Bad John to Papa.

After dinner Dalen got a fever. I have no idea what brought that on he just came down with one. We brought him home and I began to whisper prayers over him as he laid sickly on the couch. He let out a big sigh and whispered "Deedud. Hup." (Jesus. Help.) WOW! One year old and already praying on his own. Don't EVER tell me little ones aren't capable of praying or understanding spiritual dimensions of life. This one is going in the journal for sure!

He is feeling somewhat better today.

I watched Jon & Kate + 8 last night. I think half of the world was watching with anticipation to see what the future holds for their big family. I am many thoughts and opinions about this. Not that anyone cares what I think about a couple I haven't even met, I will share a few thoughts.

1. I do not like that in weeks prior to the airing of their show, Kate was on book tour claiming to every morning show her and Jon were dealing with the matter "privately". I don't recall privately meaning airing her husband's dirty laundry to People magazine and on their show last night.

2. I must say I find it confusing as to why everyone is blaming John for the marital issues. Yes, I get the point there are speculations that he may have been unfaithful but Kate has had just as much an affair with work as he may have had with another woman. Did anyone else see the episode where Jon voiced that fact that he does NOT want to do the show and he is NOT happy and Kate responds rudely and says well I am happy. There is more to the equation than just you Kate.

3. It is so very sad to 2 human beings who share 8 children act so selfishly. John wants to work, Kate wants him home. John doesn't want to do the show, Kate wants to because it provides for their family. I just can't help but to think it's selfish for the both of them to be seeking what they want individually. Why not search and find what makes both of them happy? Obviously, you are dealing with two people who are trained and educated individuals. This is not the only way their family can make it.

Just a few thoughts. I hate seeing the media being so hard on one of them. Obviously, Jon's unfaithfulness and Kate love affair with fame is both to blame for these issues (not to mention the fact she treats her husband like a dog 90% of the time). I hope for the sake of the children they can work this out.

No comments: