Thursday, May 21, 2009

Blue Light Special

This morning on my way to work I caught a glimpse of blue flashing lights in my rear view mirror. I wasn't speeding and was very uncertain as to why this policeman was pulling me over. I immediately pulled out my liscense and registration and found a massive young man standing at my window. How he could ever chase a criminal, I do not know!

I rolled my window down, he asked for my liscence and registration and I politley said, "Sure, can I ask why I am being pulled over?" He took the documents and replied, "No, I will let you know in a minute." Hmm, this did not settle well with me. I always thought you are entitled to know 1st thing why you are being pulled over and besides, is reason going to change with time?

He then informed me my tag had expired. It was an honest overlook on my behalf. I really didn't have any clue the tag had expired. I expressed to him that I was totally unaware it had expired and I also let him know I hadn't recieved any reminder in the mail and typically I ALWAYS got one in advance. Can I just express this man was very strange? He began to laugh hysterically and I just stared with a blank stare contimplating whether to or not to ask what was funny. Then he proceeded to tell me with the budget cuts people are no longer being reminded of tag renewals. So for all you people reading this, all 3 of you....Check your tags! Make a note when you have to renew. After a few more laughs (for what reason, I still don't know), he let me go without a ticket.

Thankfully, I drove off straight to the court house (after my morning strawberry limemade of course!) and renewed my tag. I checked my teeth, my nose for boogers and I was not wearing a low cut shirt-so here I am, still wondering what was so funny.

Oh well, I thought I would give you reason to laugh or maybe smile. Check out Dalen's new song her learned. Super cute! I love him to death! My favorite part is him eating a quit bite in between lines.

No comments: