Monday, October 26, 2009

Birthday, Nemo and what's the weekend without church...

Just when I thought last week couldn't get any busier, I remembered I didn't have a birthday present for my husband, we needed to plan an outing to celebrate the BIG 25 and I could NOT go another week without my H1N1 shot.

My husband is such a gadget, phone, technology freak. He is so into the newest "things". This can cause a slight problem around Father's Day, Birthday and Christmas-because all of those things just happen to usually be slightly (or largely) out of budget. His birthday happened to occur on the busiest week we have had in a LONG time. It was Friday before I found him a gift. I got him some new jeans and a nice shirt from Old Navy. Dalen was sent off to Parent's Night Out (where he screamed his little lungs up AGAIN but eventually managed to have a decent time) while we ventured off to Big River Grill with about 10 friends. It's so nice to be in a small setting with good friends. But, boy is that place LOUD! I am such a slacker and didn't take pics.

Saturday was Dalen's BIG day. One of the GREAT things about one of my sisters not having kids is that she is forever taking every opportunity to spoil mine. Cola's closet is already growing due to recent purchases by Aunt MyMel. Mel, along with her roommate Ann and her daughter Morgann decided to invite Dalen along to Nemo On Ice. Dalen has been looking foward to going to see the "fishies" for a long time now. FINALLY, he got to go Saturday. Mel said he didn't move a muscle the entire show. He loves her Explorer and house so much he screams just about everytime I come to pick him up or she drops him off. I took advantage of Dalen being gone and literally slept almost ALL day. I was so exhausted!!! Dalen came home sporting his new Nemo hat.

Sunday rolled around quicker than it ever could have. We never set the alarm for Sundays because Dalen ALWAYS has us up before we need to be. But Sunday he slept until 8:50!! PRAISE THE LAMB! This pregnancy is just exhausting! Dalen went to church with my parents. Sunday was Mario's actual birthday so we went to Tres Hermanos for lunch (his pick).

I am excited about this week too. It's payday, Halloween, Dalen's school's festival and I am sure all the activities inbetween will exhaust me once again. Enjoy some pics that were passed on from Dalen's Auntie Mel.

Dalen in his fishy hat.





Enjoying the show!


I just love this! Dalen's eyes are so sparkly and his lips so plump...
Too cute!




No comments: