Monday, October 19, 2009

Pumpkins!

This weekend was full of little activities that kept Dalen content and occupied. I loved this weekend. It was full of those small, unexpected surprises life gives you and lots of joy and laughter. Friday I found Dalen's Halloween Costume! YAY! You will have to stay tuned to see what he is going to be and how amazing and adorable he looks in his costume. Mario had a lot of friends in town and he ventured off to their house for fellowship and a bon fire-so what's a gal to do? Hit up Target of course! Dalen & I enjoyed a night of shopping and were surprised by our special friends Adrienne and Chris. Chris and I basically sat in the floor and laughed hysterically while Adrienne tried on "cool" headbands and Dalen began trying some out as well. Sorry, no pics of that! We then ate at Steak n Shake where Dalen met his soulmate Deborah who danced around while she worked...oh my-there are no words for "Dancin' Debbie".

Saturday was my first book club meeting (which will get its own seperate blog, after this one). Dalen has had a growing obssession and curiosity about pumpkins so Mario had been telling him all week he would take him to pick his very own pumpkin at the store while I was gone. Last year at Moms Nurturing Moms we painted our very own pumpkin and so I thought once I left book club we could do this with Dalen. I think Dalen picked the largest pumpkin at the store! Its huge! Mario said he picked another at first but the stem was bent and Dalen insisted he get another because it was "broken".

Dalen painted his pumpkin until all colors were dripping into a bland and not so appealing shade of nothing. He couldn't stop smiling at his masterpiece and pointed to spots saying, "Look Mommy! Look Daddy! Dalen painted a bird!!" What an imagination he has!! lol Here are some of pics from the weekend!

This Dalen after his Saturday afternoon nap. He isn't in a very good mood!

Mario and Dalen acting silly at Sunday lunch.


Dalen and his MASSIVE pumpkin! Notice his cute little smile.

Dalen and his pallet he made on Sunday night.


Painting away!

On our way home from Chattanooga.

This morning's farewell was full of smiles not tears! YAY!


Looks like Dalen has some BIG shoes to fill!
I also have to mention that I ran into my playpen and swing at TJ Maxx! YAY! I saved about $60 buying them both there. For some reason Boppy items can't be copied and saved from the interenet so I have no pics :(. Cola is surely coming soon!









1 comment:

Lisa Michelle Turner said...

haha, that pumpkin is huge! I love it though! He did a good job painting. :) I'm glad you enjoyed book club, so did I! I need to get on the next book soon!