Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Book Club & A little Of Nothingness

I think I clued everyone in on the fact that I was invited to a book club which started last Saturday. Our first read was Cold Tangerines, which I am so embarrassed to admit, I didn't finish! It was totally not my fault though...Furgal Me ordered the book from half.com and it took forever to be mailed. So a book review will come when I finish but I would like to make comments about book club.

I don't think I will always walk away from every book I read saying I loved it or sometimes I won't even be able to say I liked it BUT the first book club meeting gave me a sweet revelation. As we sat and discussed the book chapter by chapter Lisa had made a detailed outline with questions that helped us hash out thoughts or ideas. Its so amazing to me that certain chapters I didn't necessarily like or relate to were others favorites. I think that I will always end a book with respect for it even if I got nothing out of it or didn't like it. I will leave with respect because somewhere out there is someone who has been changed, challenged, touched by the words written by the authors hand. Though it means nothing to me it may be everything to someone else's state of being. It may speak hope at nightfall and give someone an extra push to keep going. So that is what I learned this book club meeting-Not every book receives 5 stars but every book recieves my respect for the stars it's accumulated in someone else's mind and life.


Ok-on to nothingness. I recenltly had pics of Dalen made by amiandalisonphotography.com
Here is the collage they placed on their blog. I love it! They are such good photographers and were so very patient as Dalen rode his bike into the road and off every curb every 10 seconds. you can see the rest by going to their website and using the password VINING.




No comments: