Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Books, Candles and Farts

It drives me nuts when people blog about absolutely nothing but after re-reading most of my blogs, they too are about absolutely nothing. So I figure why break the trend...here's to blogs about nothingness!

I can't help but wonder lately, why are there so many 1st Baptist Churches? I think every town I have ever been to has one if not more. And no, I don't have anything at all against the name, denomination or people. But I mean I must confess, the name isn't particularly enticing or creative or even really inviting, so I wonder what makes people choose this name. And if there are so many churches with the name 1st Baptist why aren't there any 2nd or 3rd Baptist churches? Yes, I did warn you this blog is an ode to nothingness.

Last night Dalen had AWFUL diarrhea. I have one of the strongest stomachs ever but Mario and I had to switch out sitting with him in the bathroom because I literally was going to barf if smelt one more whiff of his awful smelling poop! This morning I woke up to an awfully gassy toddler. After hearing these loud toots I had to ask, "Dalen! Do you keep pooting?!" He responded, "No, Mommy!" Ok, I am NOT deaf! After hearing several more I asked, "Is your stomach still upset? Is that why you are pooting so much??" He got really sensitive about this and yelled, "Mommy! I NOT POOTING!" Hmmm, should I check for a dead skunk coming from your diaper then? After one continuous string of poots I had, had it! "Dalen you are pooting! Do you need to potty?!" Then I got a response I never dreamed of..."Mommy, I not pooting! I FARTIN'!" This was just the response I needed to start my morning off.


Is there any other mother out there absolutely crazy about seeing there child in skin tight pajamas with their buldging bellies and butts sticking out? I just love Dalen in pajamas!


I recently joined a book club and I am SUPER excited about reading some of the most challenging faith based books out right now. Our club meets this Saturday for the first time and I can't wait to hear what others say about COLD TANGERINES by Shauna Niequist. I started reading this book without ever hearing about it or even reading the summary on the back. After the first few chapters I kept thinking does this book have a point or is it just a collection of random thoughts and experiences??!! Then the fear swept over me that everyone but me in book club meeting would see this vague yet brilliant underlying revelation that tied every chapter together. So, what's a gal to do!? I stopped and text my smart and great friend Abby who assured me it is just random thoughts bound together as a book and that she loved it. So this was just the gas I needed to keep me reading. I'll review the whole book when I am done.
Also, I have been burning my new Cinnamon Sugar candle from Walgreens everyday in my office. It makes you feel like Sadie Hawkins, sense the Fall like weather we have had lately and yern for a cozy nook by a fireplace to write or read in. You should buy one...it was only $4!
So I am interested...do you ever experience days of nothingness?


No comments: