Friday, February 26, 2010

Spirituality Part 3

Dalen just finished biting Cola's nose and exclaiming, "Got your nose!" Then he poked her eye and explained, "I am just putting her contacts in!" Man, oh, man...will he ever learn?
Little Lady of the house had her check up this week and all seems to be well. Besides some frequent tummy aches and spitting up (which may be a small case of reflux) she is the perfect picture of health. She weighed in almost a whopping 1 pound heavier than her birthday! YAY! I am ready for NB clothes to not be falling off her skinny little body.
And yes, after four years, two babies, lots of weight gain and even looking like this-we are still in love. We celebrated four years of marriage yesterday. With baby in tow and Dalen at school we joined for lunch and every few bites we switched off holding Miss Fussy Pants. Wow, how different life is after four years! Mario brought me a vase full of one of my favorite flowers (tulips) and a matching card.
Tonight is Dalen's night away at Parent's Night Out. I began warming Dalen up to the thought that he would be going to * Baptist tonight and that he would get to play with his friends. Our conversation went a little like this.

me: Dalen, tonight you get to go to * Baptist and play with your friends.
Dalen: where?
me: * Baptist
Dalen: What's Baptist?
me: * Baptist is a church and you are going there tonight to play.
Dalen: But what's Baptist?
me: Baptist is a kind of church and the people that go there are called Baptists.
Dalen: I'm Baptist?
me: Well, we don't go to a Baptist church so I guess not.
Dalen: No, mom. I'm Baptist. Baptist is fun.
me: Ok, well when you are older and know more about being Baptist you can decide if you are Baptist.
Dalen: No, mom. I am Baptist.
me: Well, ok.
Dalen: yea, cause I am fun. Fun Baptist.

So folks, looks like my little pentecostal boy is questioning some theology and is convinced he believes more like a Baptist.

No comments: