Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Gal Pals



Any moms reading this that have girls will totally understand this post. Although I love my children equally I enjoy different things about them and appreciate different qualities. Today I got to spend the entire day with just Little Lady. Mario volunteered to take Dalen to work with him all on his own. I, of course, did not decline.

Other than showering, watching a little TV and relaxing in a t-shirt and pajama pants I've not done much. I love that about being with Cola. I will admit there is certain feeling of freedom I feel with Cola that I don't always feel with Dalen. Even though she is so little I feel no pressure to get dressed up, put on make-up or do my hair. I think it's important to show our little females to take good care of ourselves and represent ourselves well but at the same time I feel that Cola and I will always share equal appreciation for each other-barefaced and all!

Lately Dalen has been admiring my clothes and make up so much. If I get dressed, he suggests earrings and reminds me to not forget to wear my new necklace that has him and Cola on it. He loves when I wear dresses and asks me if I will spin around and cheers if my dress flows out like a princess.

I laid on the couch for a long time today with Cola sitting on my chest she rubbed her little fingers all over my bare face while cooing and played with a stray her until she actually pulled it out. It was a great reminder that there is beauty underneath. A few days ago my hair was a mess. It was so stringy, unwashed and not even brushed after a while Dalen finally came me to and said, "Would you like a ho-band?" He was holding a "hairbow" of his sisters.

Isn't it nice to be in the company of just gals sometimes? You UNshamefully admit how long you have gone without shaving, how many calories you have consumed without guilt and things of like manner are part of conversation. I love my gal pals especially my ultimate gal, Cola.

What differences do you see between your boys and girls? What do you enjoy most about being with your girlfriends?

No comments: