Friday, December 31, 2010

Adaptable

After writing my last blog, I have gone back to read over it, again and again. I read the highlights of the months we have experienced in the last year and after staring at them I was totally overwhelmed by just how much change we have experienced. For some time now I have had a strong awareness of just how much I have hated change. The very thought of it makes me anxious and somewhat fearful, two feelings I rarely experience.

As we prepared for the move to Orlando, I was in constant prayer that God would open my mind, eyes and heart to no longer see change for change but to see change as growth. In the last year I have realized that change is a major part of growth and until one is adaptable to change, one won't grow. I have seen an immense amount of growth in my life, in areas that have been a constant struggle or negative place for me. It's not because of me at all but because I have allowed God to change certain conditions of my life and in return He has allowed me to grow. I thank Him for that, everyday. I am so thankful that although I can't say I embrace change with an open arms that my prayers of "help me to be adaptable" have been answered by an increased amount of strength and peace when I am uncertain.

One part of my husband's character that I honor and love is that he is always teachable, another prayer that I have prayed for many years now. God is a great teacher! If you ask Him to teach you, He will reconstruct you to be teachable and I am thankful for that as well because as I have grown to be teachable I have found that the more one learns, the more one changes and many, many times change is a significant factor that growth is increasingly present.

This blog has nothing to do with me, it is simply a part of my testimony of the work that God is continuously doing my life. When I speak of growth in my life it has only happened because God has willed it. In what areas would you like to experience growth?

No comments: