Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Letters

Every year we take a family picture, put it in a Christmas card, write an update letter and mail several of them to family and friends all over. It's a tradition I decided to carry on after getting married. This year things are different-we haven't all been together as a family since we moved (at least one of us has been missing typically my husband)-therefore this will be the first year my mom won't have a Christmas picture of all us.

I really like the tradition and writing our Hood update letter but this year I am totally stuck! It's always hard to write about yourself when other people are going to read it especially when they know you wrote it! So much to tell about our year! I typically write three or four sentences to sum up our year and then write a paragraph about each person in the family. It's such great fun to be able to brag on the kids and Mario but this year I have no idea what to say about myself. Mario has landed this amazing job, Dalen is growing like a weed and so super smart, Cola just got four teeth and she is smiling and talking and I am just sitting around taking it all in!

So what should my paragraph say? I honestly have no idea except I feel so extremely blessed to be along for the ride with two awesome kids and a super hard working husband. I guess I could mention just how quick I can change a diaper and mix a bottle?? ha!

No comments: