Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Mental Shortcuts

Great news! My parents came to visit, we had Christmas with them, and I got a new camera! YAY! Bad news is I have to get a memory card for it and until them you will have to endure a few more posts of grainy cell phone pics. We had a lot of fun with my parents. Cola has been a little under the weather with a cold, cough and ear infection but she was still as sweet as she could be. On to the post...


Do you ever take mental shortcuts (you know there's a problem but you don't feel like going through the entire thought process to figure out what is causing it or how to solve it so you blame the most convenient thing or person, which happens to NEVER be yourself?)?? Yeah, I do that a lot! Like when I try to peel my skinny jeans off it's the fault of the jeans because they are just too darn skinny. It couldn't possibly be all I ate over the holidays! Or what about the book you started to read but quit in the middle because "the author was too boring!". It couldn't dare be that you just assume quit instead of enduring a few pages of foundation building (boredom) that is building up to an exciting climax!

So I do realize I should not be so hard on myself, give myself a little Kit Kat break every now and then but do you ever wonder how long that break should be? I so wasn't hard on myself over the holidays about my weight. I have done nothing but eat, eat, and eat some more! But soon enough Christmas is over and then it will be New Year's (another eating splurge holiday) and then Valentine's Day...get my drift?

Does it really matter if you finish that book you started and aren't so much enjoying? I think it sometimes does. At all times we should strengthen our character by taking responsibilty for our actions and what we act out should be done with balance and self-control.

Enjoy pics of my sweet kids. There is only one of Dalen b-c he is just so darn active! Everytime I try to get a pic of him it ends to be a blur!





No comments: