Saturday, December 25, 2010

Mindful of the Manger

What a Christmas! This was the first year Mario and I have decided to have Christmas on our own. Although, we miss our families we have had a wonderful year! Here's how we decided to spend our year.

Last night we drove an hour north to my grandparents house. Every year all my dad's side of the family goes my dad's parents on Christmas Ever and we do a big dinner and gifts. The house was SO loud with kids! It was great! Dalen had so much fun playing with his cousins and Cola spent her time poking around in everyone's packages.





I'm not sure how it happened but at one point all of the kids smothered Mario in the rocker and were calling him "Ho, Ho, Santa". This was my favorite part of the night. They kept jumping on him, telling him what they wanted to find under the tree and he played right along. After a while he said he needed a break and went to the kitchen to get a drink. He told me he made it up to get away from them and no sooner than he entered the kitchen they followed him! It was so funny. They all gathered around him saying, "Come back Ho, Ho!" I watched Dalen laughing the loudest and saw how proud he was that "Ho, Ho" was his dad. All of the kids couldn't fit in the frame. But here are a few.



My grandmother got Cola a doll and before we were ever out of the driveway she was fast asleep holding on to her tightly. I love this picture!



This year Dalen's big gift was a guitar. He has already been singing and playing his own made up songs, including one called No More Christ. I am sure he got his thoughts mixed up??



Dalen and Cola got matching jogging suits. So cute seeing them with their jackets on sitting next to each other!








I have to include this pic. My awesome friend, Abby, sent our family a package with little things for each of us. Can I just confess how addicted I used to be to these kind of magazines. Once I realized how much I spent on them I quit and I OCCAISONALLY splurge and buy some, and hide it from my husband. So my friend sent me two gossip magazines! YAY! We cracked up at these! Thanks Abby!



I think it's so funny how we all wait to have our own Christmas, so we can do our own thing. I used to get so annoyed at how my parents rushed to pick up the paper afterwards and made us clean up our toys so quickly. How funny is it that as soon as the unwrapping was over Mario and me were both picking up trash and I have to confess the toys all over the place are driving me nuts but my husband has reminded me its fine its one day. We are typically the other way around.

Merry Christmas! Remember to be mindful of the manger!

1 comment:

Abigail said...

teeheehee... sorry I'm so late on catching up on my blogging but I'm glad you enjoyed your treats! I knew you probably wouldn't buy them for yourself. =)