Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Hello Love

Wahoo! Tonight is THE night! Chris Tomlin and Israel Houghton are linking up in Knoxville and my ears will we blessed with the lovely voices of these two as we attend part of the Hello Love tour tonight. Mario and I have had tickets for about four months now and we are sooo super excited. Israel is one of my all time favorites.
Today as I have been reflecting upon worship, a lot of thoughts have flooded me spiritually. Of course I don't think anyone could ever speak of worship without mentioning David, a psalmist of praise. Wow. What an amazing title, "psalmist". A psalmist is someone who writes or composes psalms (spiritual or religious text) that are sung or chanted.
If you really research scripture you can see just how powerful David's psalms were. King Saul, who was disobedient to God, was tormented by evil spirits. He was calm and comforted once David played his harp for him. But look closer. The key part of the scripture referring to David says that God was with David. That is what it is all about. Maybe you are a psalmist, writer, counselor, mother, teacher, gardener, pastor, salesman...whatever you are, whatever you do, you will find favor as long as you can say what scripture said about David...God was with him.
May God be with you and I today.

No comments: