Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thinking In Advance


Is it wrong to already be thinking of Mother's Day? I promise I am NOT high maintenance but ever since Mario began asking me a few days ago what I want my mind has been soaring. I NEVER ask for gifts and if you know me well, you know me well I have an awfully hard time receiving them too. I found something interesting. As I began to think of anything I could want, then I thought of a reason I shouldn't get it. Hmm, mommyhood really changes your mindset. Here are a few things I thought of.


1) The complete set of The Duggars reality show.

Why I shouldn't ask for it-I will never have enough peace and quiet to watch it. Then I will want cable, which we have so amazingly done without for nearly 2 years!!! I may end up with 20 kids.


2) A locket with a picture of Dalen.

Why I shouldn't ask for it-I never dress nice enough to wear nice jewelry. Then I would want a new outfit.


3) Reservations at the Bald Headed Bistro for their Mother's Day Buffet.

Why I shouldn't ask for it-This is what Mario got me last year and it was WONDERFUL. My mom kept Dalen while we ate. However, I felt horrible that the one day you are supposed to indulge in motherhood I spent it away from my child and I felt bad. If any of you have been to BHB, you surely know its not the place to take babies.


You know you can wish for things an awful lot, but after having a baby "things" just don't have the effect they used to. The more things you have the more responsibility you earn to take care of them. This year maybe I will wish for a beautiful warm day, tantrum free. Although, I think I may have earned a dinner away from Dalen for once.

No comments: