Thursday, April 30, 2009

Yuck.

Today is just yuck. There is no other word. I woke up only to find our beautiful blue sun filled skies are now a depressing shade of grey. The wind is chilly, storms are brewing and it is just yuck. I pull up to work only for Dalen to be scared out of his mind because of a jackhammer on concrete. This is the 3rd time the construction people are fixing the same problem downtown. YUCK! In case you have never heard a jackhammer on concrete it sounds like a throbbing miagraine feels. Yea, yuck! Today is one of those days Dalen will NOT wear shoes but refuses to be carried. GRRR!!!!

I thought a blackberry lemonade (yum!) from the store next to us would be good until I walk in and some stranger picks my son up. I am sorry but this is my BIGGEST pet peeve. I do NOT know you lady...haven't you heard of the swine flu?! On top of that...who knows why she or any stranger would think it is ok to scoop up your toddler? In case any of you readers don't know...that is NOT ok. This lady kept saying things like...oh, I must remind you of your grandma! Oh, you are so friendly (uh, no he is a baby and doesn't understand what a stranger could be capable of). Oh you just want to stay with me all day (uh, in your wildest dreams lady!). This is so strange to me. It has NEVER EVER IN A MILLION YEARS EVER crossed my mind to pick up someone's little one that I did not know. That is just so invasive and rude!

Today is just one of those yucky for no reason days. One of those days you would literally pay to be at home, in bed, curled up writing. Oh my, it's only 10 a.m.

No comments: