Monday, April 20, 2009

Is it ok to be proud?

Is it ok to be proud? I think so. Especially when it points back to Jesus. Yesterday I had the opportunity to listen to Mario preach the Sunday morning service at our church. During the middle of his sermon I became extremely proud. Proud, that everything he does from the pulpit points to Jesus.

You must know, what I know about my husband. He came to Lee unsaved, poor, alone, far from God, angry, bitter, and in search for something more. After experiencing a major dose of God's grace, here he is now. He is a lover of all people, happy, a hard worker, in the good company of believers, befriended by God, found by grace, and my husband. And all of that makes me proud.

May his story be all the evidence you need to know that it doesn't matter where you come from, what your name is, who has done you wrong or how much money you have. All that matters is the God you know, the God your serve, and the God you believe in.

1 comment:

Mario Hood said...

thanks Baby, as you know God used you to play a major role in the process of my life change and continues to do so!