Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Home Sweet Home

There is nothing like enjoying your home by doing the things you love. The Hoods welcomed cable and Internet for the first time in 2 1/2 years! WOW, what a journey its been without it! Here are a few frustrating details about our cable installation story.

Guy arrives about 230
Guy has to run a new cable cord from across the street, down the side of our yard, around our house and through the back brick wall. The old cord had been cut by someone...who knows??
Guy FINALLY gets cord run after "almost being hit by a bus" boo hoo guy
Guy tries to hook up internet
Guy says he cant use modem and router we have bc the serial number is linked to someone else's acct. in the Charter system and therefore it doesn't really belong to us
I tell him it was here when we moved here therefore the contents of the house became ours when it was bought
Guy gets an attitude and says he doesn't make the rules just enforces them.
I give him another modem and router box for him to only say the same thing.
Mario swings by Wal-Mart to get one of our "own"
The man leaves saying there is nothing he can do and still charges me for the activation and installation of cable AND internet
I become frustrated and and dial Charter # only to sit on the phone for an hour with no progress
Customer service rep. says there is nothing they can do
I demand to speak with a supervisor
Cust. Ser. Rep mysteriously is able to activate the modem-magic words to say when you can't get any help
I become INFURIATED!
Cust. Ser. Rep says I won't be charged for installation
I say uh yea youre darn right I won't be b-c nothing was installed
Cust. Ser. Rep says someone is on their way to fix it
I hang up
They call back 30 min. later only to confess no one was on their way and no one is available
I throw my hands in the air and begin to laugh hysterically and hang up

So I am sitting here, WITH INTERNET b-c my amazing husband who isn't even professionally trained got the internet to work!!!! GGGGRRRRR!!!!!! I haven't even had the services for 24 hours and I am ready to cancel it!

About 20 minutes ago Mario looks at the TV as Dalen cheers for a Jeopardy contestant and says oh wow look what we are watching. The channel we have always gotten without cable is the 1 we are watching.

No comments: