Saturday, February 20, 2010

Catch Up

I am feeling more and more mobile everyday. Until I catch a glimpse of my quick healing c-section scar somedays I forget I had one. I can barely see it most of the time because my massive stomach is sagging over it...ugh. That's a work in progress.

Since we have been home most of the time I have realized I am so behind on the world. I visited my first young adult service on Thursday, with both kids in tow. Except for one minor setback of Dalen getting lose and running on stage to the drums, we did great and Mario spoke one amazing message. I was stunned at how many new faces were there and how many names I now have to learn. I just saw the Valentine's Day movie yesterday-yeah, I think I re-named it Post-Valentine's Day movie. It was cute. Now if I could just sneak away again to see Dear John! Am I behind on Music too?? What or who the heck is Lady Antebellum?? I need to catch up on them too. My car battery had to be replaced and my cd player quit working and so did my radio. I am about to go nuts! No radio, no cds-just Dalen singing at the top of his lungs in the back or screaming to hear John Mayer.

Our life now consists of two visits to the chiropractor a week and at least one other trip to a doctor for a check-up for at least one of us. Just when I thought I had a loooong while to be back at the pediatricians I have another baby who is starting all over again with vaccines. Now, I really do not like that whole process. We had three visitors yesterday, all of which I had to explain that Cola was clean and that the oily film on her was compliments of Dalen who found Mario's Blistex and slathered her face and hair with it. Dalen pulled a new one on us yesterday and pooped in his bedroom floor. Yeah, you read correctly-and then proceeded to clean it up on his own so we wouldn't know. Mario caught him though. I can promise you one thing, if that becomes a habit of his I am giving up on potty training and buying a litter box.

I am sure you are all getting tired of my maternal posts that consist of nothing besides kid stories and the ups and downs of parenting so in the next few days (when I catch a quiet time) I will try and post about leadership, something I have thought a lot about lately.

No comments: