Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I've Seen Brighter Days

For all of you people into "planning" babies, take my advice-do NOT ever plan a baby that will be born in the winter. Although I am very fortunate to not have horrible baby blues the little bit I have experienced aren't not helped by the cold, dark, dreary days we have been experiencing. I am just glad we aren't iced or snowed in and that I can at least go on a short drive everyday. In fact, Dalen and I just got home from wasting about a quarter of a tank of gas from just driving. He told me where to turn and I did. Every time I even came close to our house he began to scream and cry and insist we not go home.

For all of you wondering I did make it to Dalen's Valentine's Day party at school. I was so glad I got to go and he had a great time. He didn't have a hard time with me leaving like I thought he would. Here are a few pictures I took while I was there. My only regret is that I didn't get one of us two.

I love Cheetos!
Every chair had each child's name on them.
The kids ate this...at 9 a.m.. All I can say is that I am glad the teachers had them the rest of the day! One mom send the cute ham sandwiches with a cheese heart on top. We brought the store bought cookies that say love. Yeah they pretty much looked like fleas on a stray dog's back after seeing all of the wonderful hand-made Valentine's cards and baked goods. Oh well, we are just glad we remembered to send something.
I love this picture. Trust me looks can be deceiving. Dalen is still learning the appropriate places to touch baby and how hard he can touch her and all the little details. I am surprised she isn't already on baby nerve pills. Dalen loves to peek over her throw his arms up and shout like a growling monster. He also loves to shout scat-a-rat and poke her nose when she sneezes. I had NOOOO idea Dalen would have such a hard time with her coming. I knew it would be an adjustment but I didn't know he would act out like he has. Needless to say I have been doing a LOT of praying (and crying).

I started to do my special blog and keep track of all that goes on around here but my gosh, it was just too much to handle! Maybe sometime soon when I have adjusted a little more.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you guys! I also can relate in a different way to dreary skies - I too am ready for sunshine. Please know I am praying for you all. I am praying for the needs you have stated for each of you- especially you and Dalen. I can't wit to meet Cola.