Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Goodbye and Hello

In twelve hours I will be saying goodbye to my big belly, pregnancy hormones, frequent urge to pee and cravings. Well, I'm not sure about the craving part. I picked up Dalen from school to see him for the last time before I sent him to my parents. He got a good report and I thought I would reward him with a prize from the Dollar Tree.

We pulled up and guess who we saw?! Cousin Livi and Aunt Mary! Dalen became soooo excited. I stocked up on a new bottle of bubble bath, new crayons and a new coloring book for Dalen to take to my parents. He rode around with Livi and they looked at toys and laughed and played. Actually, I think Dalen asked for everything in sight!
I also let Dalen pick out a bouquet of flowers for his new sister. He chose the purple ones my sister is pointing to. He will bring those to the hospital when he sees her. So, I will not lie-my emotions got the best of me when dropping Dalen off to my parents. Although, he loves being with them and I know he will be well taken care of, I think being apart from him is going to be the hardest part. I know there will be weeks that go by before I can pick him up again or give him a bath (don't worry someone will do it, ha) and other things like that. I will miss him and I am praying over and over this transition will be fun and exciting for him.

I mentioned I will be saying goodbye to a lot but I will be saying a big HELLO as well! I am so thrilled that I have been entrusted with another baby. I can't wait to hold her and see her and learn what she is like. I am still convinced she will be calm, always know what she wants, like to be at home, and I don't think she will talk alot but when she does I think it will be worth listening to. Listen to me! You would think I have met her a million times. I think you just get a sense of your children even as early as the womb. One thing is for sure, I will love her no matter who she is.

Your prayers in the next few days will be so appreciated! Whisper special ones for Dalen!

1 comment:

Shaw Avenue said...

congrats girlie!!! i can't wait to see pics of her!!!