Saturday, February 13, 2010

Superwoman


The last two days I have been humming Alicia Keys' Superwoman-because I think I am and feel like I am. I have endured Dalen's horrible transition tantrums and sleepless nights for 10 days now! I can't believe Little Lady is 10 days old! I have also powered through this horribly cold and dreary weather with a slight touch of baby blues. Nothing that great visiting friends don't cure. Don't you just love friends who visit and they know when to leave, what not to ask, exactly when to step in and occupy your toddler and tell lots of funnies while they are present? I am learning I have A LOT of those kinds of friends and I am so grateful!

Since midnight last night I have changed 7 dirty diapers/pull ups. Someone please, intercede for Dalen and his regression in the potty training department. And when I say dirty I mean DIRTY. I went to my one week check up at my doctor's office yesterday and realized I was humming the appropriate tune when my doctor herself called me Superwoman! My incision is healing perfectly, I drove myself to the doctor, I carried the baby in her carrier into the office and I haven't taken any pain meds (besides Motrin) since I left the hospital. I was elated that my stitches were removed and there was no sign of infection. I have dropped nearly 20 pounds since delivering-now I just have about 40 more to go. YIKES! I can do it though! Especially with Spring just around the corner I am hoping to be motivated to get out and about and walk and play with the kids outside.

Mario has assured me at least once everyday that he is done, done with kids. He is "perfectly content with two". We'll see! I have to say again-he is an amazing dad. He changes diapers, bathes the kids, gives me breaks and has been a trooper enduring Dalen's behavior. Lady is sleeping and Dalen is singing John Mayer at the top of his lungs in his room and the sun is actually shining. Nothing like the Hood home lately.

No comments: