Monday, February 8, 2010

A Good Night




The thought came to me last night that a good night always makes for a better day. For all of my readers who have been praying for our little family-it worked! Dalen only woke up once crying and Cola only woke up to eat every 3 1/2 hours! YAY! I honestly feel as though I have slept for ages. Mario gave up his side of the bed and endured the couch for the night so that he could tend to Dalen and I could tend to the baby.

This morning we are all doing great and feeling good. In a little bit I think we are going to the gym so I can walk and Dalen can play ball with daddy. Today I think-if I can remember with everything going on!-I am going to work on a special blog that documents every event of our day. How eye opening it will be to see it all down on paper and what a wonderful thing to be able to look back on.

I forgot to tell a special detail about Cola's arrival. My whole family guessed her weight and the one closest to her exact weight won the grand prize of being able to hold her first, after Mario and me. The 1st picture posted is of my mom-she guessed the baby's weight right on the nose.

Yesterday morning Mario took the baby while I used the bathroom and put my contacts in. It wasn't long before Dalen barged in and announced, "Baby, sister is tying (crying)!" I told him to tell Daddy I would be right there. He threw his hands in the air, widened his eyes and said, "She's hun-dee (hungry)! Now, go let her eat your boob!" I am so surprised that the breastfeeding scene hasn't increased his curiosity and obsession with boobs but it hasn't.

Last night Dalen was scopped up by the Madden's and taken to McDonalds. He has a blast playing with Charis. Mario started to get geared up for the Superbowl by watching all of the pre-game stuff. He looked over at me and said, "Aw man, we should have had a Superbowl Party." I looked at him like he had lost his mind. You can tell who the extrovert is in our relationship!

1 comment:

Lisa Michelle Turner said...

hahaha That would be me and John exactly. He would want to invite everyone we know over and I'd be happy to be sitting on the couch. I'm glad thinks are going well with your new beautiful addition! :) Hopefully in the future she'll make an appearance at book club!