Saturday, February 6, 2010

Newborn Baby Bootcamp

Even though Dalen in only 2 1/2 I TOTALLY forgot how challenging having a newborn is. It all hit me last night when literally every 5 minutes for an hour straight we were woken up by groans and grunts from an uncomfortable Cola. I don't think she cried one time in the night but her restless movements and groaning let me know she wanted a different position or to eat. This little lady is gonna be a passy sucker and I am not a big fan of those things at all but if it keeps her content for the time being and gets us some rest I guess that's what's important.
I'm not sure how but this morning we found her purple bow from the hospital still fully in tact. I would have thought with all of her wiggling it would have been ruined in the night.
This should give you a clearer picture of how tiny this little one is. This is a newborn passy and it takes up half of her face. I hate how in pictures you can't tell just how tiny your baby is. I guess that's why for so long people keep telling us to savor it while we can.
I went through my bootcamp initiation yesterday when all four of us were under the same roof for the first time with no help. We wanted Dalen to come home for a little bit and for about ten minutes both of them screamed at the top of their lungs. We aren't sure what Dalen was crying about but we do know this transition hasn't been easy for him. I spent my time awake last night praying over and over for guidance. He spent the night with his Aunt Mel and has called twice in good spirits.

Something came to me late last night while I thought about him. Kids are way more acceptable of what they CAN do instead of what they CANNOT do. So I think when he comes home today and does his routine poking and prodding on the baby I may suggest something he CAN do instead of harping on the fact that he is NOT to do that. Call me crazy but I am going to try my absolute best to attend his school Valentine's Day party on Tuesday. I know small things like that will help him feel special and like he's important.

My incision has been feeling pretty good. I won't lie there are times where I stand up or move a certain way where I have a painful burning sensation that literally makes me feel nauseous it hurts so bad but other than those times I am handling the pain quite well. This pregnancy is a little different considering I will be wearing maternity clothes for a while. Right after having Dalen I was back in my normal stuff but not with this one. I have a lot to lose and my doctor has already warned me it takes longer with a c-section to lose it just because you usually experience swelling AFTER the c-section and gas and fluid takes longer to leave your stomach. What?! AH! I thought that's what happened DURING pregnancy, not after! Oh, well. Time will tell.

No comments: