Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sweet, Stale and Sour






Tomorrow Mario and I will celebrate 4 years of marriage (hand clap please)! Tonight while leaving Wal-Mart, in the freezing cold, I was praying for lots of sunshine tomorrow, clear blue skies and NO wind. I blinked and it began snowing...literally! Needless to say my faith is a little shot.

This week is my last week sitting out of church and so it's just me and little lady again while Mario and Dalen are off to church. I realized tonight that I am finally getting back in the full swing of normalcy. Although we are still experiencing a lot of transition I am starting to feel like my life feels more and more like MINE. For a few weeks there I was feeling like an alien to my own home and life.

I also realized today that it's time to start losing that baby weight after I had changed clothes three times because I had been puked on. I began praying after the 3rd time, "Lord, please help this baby not to throw up on me again because I only have three pairs of pants that fit me and if she does it again I will be in serious trouble!"

I was rocking with one arm and eating with the other hand tonight when I was COMPLETELY showered with puke and I actually contemplated finishing my meal before changing (don't worry I didn't!) but there is just something about the strength a mother's stomach has. My new perfume scent-sweet, stale,and sour. I am constantly smelling like that sweet baby smell and soured milk and stale poop (and yes, poop does get stale).

I felt pretty successful when I fit my baby bag, about 30 items, my baby and her car seat in one Wal-Mart buggy. I totally forgot that when you bring your baby with you to Wal-Mart you have no space left to actually fill your buggy with what you need. I think this is a great method to eliminate all of those last minute impulse buys I just can't seem to resist at Wal-Mart.

Now please allow me to stop and smell my tulips that my husband just brought me for an early anniversary present :)

No comments: