Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Dalen oh Dalen

In your prayers today, please pray for Dalen. I have a funny feeling he may be a little more aware of what's going to happen tomorrow than we thought he was. Last night I switched my clothes to another suitcase for the hospital. Here's how our conversation went...

Dalen: Where we doing (going) Mommy?
Me: Well, I have to go to the hospital Wednesday to have the baby. You get to go spend the night with Papa!
Dalen: No, I go to the hospital too.
Me: No, buddy. Not this time.
Dalen: Oh.

He walks out and comes back with clothes and puts them in my suitcase. Poor thing is a determined little one, huh?!
We had an interesting conversation today too.

Dalen: I go to the hospital with you Mommy.
Me: No buddy. You are going to school today and then spending the night with Papa.
Dalen: No, May-den (Megan)! I doing (going) to the hospital with you to have MY baby.
Me: Oh, you are having a baby too?
Dalen: Yep, with you Mommy at the hospital.
Me: No, Dalen you will be with Papa and Mom Mom.
Dalen: (silent for a moment) Mommy, I'm not feeling dood (good).
Me: Really? What's wrong?
Dalen: Not feeling dood (good). Need to go to the hospital.
Me: Oh really? Ok. Maybe later.
Dalen: No tomorrow!

Lol! Bless his heart, he doesn't want to be left out of anything! I can tell you one thing he WASN'T left out of....OUR BED-last night! Ever since we moved the baby's playpen into our room he has not been sleeping well at all. He cries so long and hard for us to come get him. So, his softie Dad caved and let him in our bed. I woke up hooked. Literally, hooked. Like you hook a fish. His pointer finger was the hook and it was inside my cheek, his elbow in my eye. Ugh, needless to say pregnant woman landed her big booty on the couch again. I have learned though, when sleep fails-WATCH COSBY! It's on like all night! I love that show!

My mind has had a few more "moments". I set a reminder in my phone to remind myself that Dear John comes out on the 5th. Two days after I deliver a baby. Uh, yeah-I don't think that will be a pleasant reminder. Ha, I will have to catch that one on DVD.

No comments: