Wednesday, September 22, 2010

All Mine?




I've been doing a lot of thinking lately. I recently made a personal decision to pursue my calling in a more aggressive way. I wholeheartedly believe God has called me to ministry (long before I even met my husband) in the areas of speaking and writing. I have spent years knowing this and not pursuing this because I didn't know how being that I came from a background who doesn't ordain women as ministers.

Soon enough I will be launching a new blog to introduce others to my writing from the perspective from a minister's wife and woman called to ministry herself. I often ponder how much I should share about my kids. I have a choice to follow my calling but my kids don't. I don't find it fair to expose their entirety without giving them that choice but then again they are way to young to understand that choice.

I share a lot about them and their funny personalities and beautiful faces andI see it bring others so much joy but I can't help but to wonder what it will bring them in the long run. Embarrassment? Anger? Resentment? Fulfillment? Pride? How do you know as a parent how much is too much exposure from your calling? I just don't know.

Then of course you have to wonder about the people who are reading and peeking into your life to judge or even prey on your children. People like that actually exist. Of course, it seems it would be easier to just not mention them at all but then who am I without them? A piece of me would be missing. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a tough one. Can honestly say I have never thought about that before. Thanks for shedding some light on it.