Friday, September 24, 2010

Sweaty Palms

Any of you that personally know me know that nervousness is NOT a dominate part of my nature. I am very confrontational, face my fears and try to deal with the outcome as soon as possible. Today I am nervous. Butterflies in my tummy, sweaty palms, overwhelming thoughts....all because I am taking youth members on an all girls trip to a conference on truth, purity and purpose.

We are just going right up the road and its only for one night but I am TERRIFIED. Not of anything horrific happening to the girls but of them doing something totally traumatizing to me. I have a pretty embarrassing confession to make-I used to be HORRIBLE of youth group trips. I am proud to say I never had a problem with lying, stealing, breaking curfew, drinking, doing drugs, sleeping around but I had a MAJOR problem being mischievous. I LOVE PRANKS!

Literally I am horrified the girls may try some of the things I used to do to others on trips and to be honest I have daydreamed about the poor Joybell counselors who were locked in the church kitchen by my sister at a lock in. The last youth group trip I went on was to Alabama and by morning #2 our "wonderful" youth pastor called a meeting and warned us "If you guys don't start behaving I will send your butts back home on a Greyhound and bill your parents for the tickets." Yeah, we were THAT bad.

So if you think of it and PLEASE DO say a prayer for me and if you haven't seen any new posts by Monday please take it upon yourself to establish a search party.

PS-Check the kitchen first!

No comments: