Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fortunate

Since my husband hasn't been feeling well, we traded places for a day. I am at the office working on youth ministry stuff and preparing to speak for him tonight. He is at home with the kiddos. It is 2:37 and I am just taking a breath since getting here at around 10 am. I have a newfound respect for him and ALL that it takes to run a ministry. I am thinking in stead of wife swap they should make a new show where husbands and wives trade places for a day...things would get VERY interesting!

I am loving being back behind a desk, having a platform to be creative and feeling the excitement of being able to share it with others in a few hours. Maybe it's about that time to go back to work...who knows.

I scarfed down some chinese for lunch and found not one, but TWO fortunes in my fortune cookie!

Fortune #1-You have a lively family.
SOOOOO true...Thank you Dalen!

Fortune #2- You have much skill in expressing yourself to be effective.
What in the world does this mean? And why do I get the feeling that it may be a slam to my personality??

I am just taking the light shower of white papers falling out of my cookie as a reminder I have a lot to be fortunate for.

Since 10 a.m. here is what I have accomplished...
*Made sermon notes
*Completed sermon power point
*Took down old flyers around the church
*Made new signage for our new series-yikes! my husband is waaaay better at that than I am.
*Sent my husband some info. he needed.
*Created three illustrations for my message.
*made sign up sheet for girls conference weekend
*found facts on the internet about Lebron James (message related)
*made a call about girls conference weekend

Doesn't look like a lot but it is. My husband does a great job! What things are you fortunate for??

No comments: