Thursday, September 23, 2010

Many Thank Yous

This morning I was totally enlightened then tearful over a very obvious revelation I had. Lately I've been noticing the many thank yous I get from my husband and now three year old son. It's through these thank yous you realize what really matters to your family.

I think I have previously confessed I am not creative, horrible at cleaning and try my darndest to cook but most dishes turn out to be just "ok". Since moving and staying at home with two kids I have REALLY tried to keep things picked up, laundry done on time, and dinner in mind everyday. I got a little obssessive over it for a season and then I realized with a toddler who was potty training (at the time) there will always be urine scent in the air and pair of dirty undies in the laundry basket.

I started just trying to do enough laundry to get us through the week, have things off the floor and a few fun family activities to enjoy at night. It has changed my world. I am a lot more relaxed and enjoy more time with the kids. I realized a lot of hte things I was obssessing over weren't important to me and no one noticed anyway. I realized this through my many thanks yous. So, if you want to know what's important to the ones you love listen to their thanksgiving. And just for your enjoyment here are a few of my many thank yous...

Mario- Thanks for leaving the toothpaste in the middle! (We have his/her sinks and I ALWAYS leave the toothpaste on my side. This drives Mario CRAZY! And drives me even crazier that he even notices.)

Dalen- Thanks for cooking mom! This broccoli is really good!
Thanks for taking me to the mall mom. It was a day that was fun!

Blogs to come...The OCD Christian and The Power We Ignore Most

No comments: