Monday, September 6, 2010

Downtown

We have been to Downtown Disney twice in the last four days, endured a sick husband/dad, made it through a 7 month old gaining two teeth and somehow managed to have a nice Labor Day.

Mario has been battling a sinus thing and Dalen and I took off to Downtown Disney today to meet up with my cousins. We had a great time UNTIL Dalen decided to have his first shoplifting experience. I honestly don't think he understood what he had done and no I am not one of those moms who thinks their children can do no wrong.

We were looking in a store called Once Upon A Toy and upon leaving I looked back at Dalen just to make sure he was close and noticed an angry older women snapping saying, "Get back here!" I then noticed a bright yellow ball in Dalen's left hand-that I had NOT paid for. He really did look totally confused and yelled back, "NO WAY, LADY!" Yay, for refusing a stranger Boo, for stealing! We quickly returned the ball and I explained how we can't just take things from stores. Since the incident he has asked to proudly tell every person that us called or that we have called. Maybe he will soon realize there are no bragging rights to almost being carted away for stealing.

After that incident I felt somewhat overwhelmed when I realized that is just ANOTHER thing Dalen has to be taught. Its just common sense to us adults not to steal (well for most of us anyway)but not to our kiddos who are blank slates. We had a great time in DT Disney.

Can all of you Clevelanders believe that Francine Rivers is going to be in town this month!? She will be touring in Cleveland, Chattanooga, Knoxville and Alabama. You can find her tour dates on her Facebok page. This has been a dream of mine for sometime and I must throw a BIG pity party NOW b-c she is coming just a few months after I moved! UGH! I even begged my husband to buy me plane tickets home just so I could meet her and to my surprise he said, SURE! Then I realized the cheap airline doesn't fly that week. The ONE and ONLY week it has off ALL year. Yeah, I could honestly say some not so nice words there.

No comments: