Monday, January 19, 2009

King Day

This is probably my mom's story to tell but I am sure she won't mind me "borrowing it" to give you blog readers a good laugh.  My mom is a teacher and she has more funny stories than you could imagine.  Here is one of the funnier ones:

A kindergarten teacher at her school began lesson on Martin Luther King Jr. the other day.  She decided to begin the lesson by holding up a rather large picture of Martin and asked the kids if they knew who it was.  One kid blurted out, "Yea!  That's Judge Joe Brown!"  

Hilarious!  Needless to say, the teacher picked the right lesson because the kids obviously weren't too sure of this heroic character of our history.  

I love days like today where reflection upon such a strong and brave individual stirs you to stand for what is right, fight for change and pray for the unimaginable.

No comments: