Thursday, January 8, 2009

You Have Now Entered...A Bottle Free Zone

After taking Dalen to the pediatrician and our very nosey Nurse Practitioner sneaking a peak in Dalen's diaper bag, I got a pretty good scolding for "still having him on the bottle". I mean seriously the kid is 15 months. She asked a rhetorical question. "Do you want your son to have to have dental surgery?" I so wanted to respond, "Of course, isn't that every mothers dream?" But I was kind...kind of. So then the lecture came of how he was supposed to be off his bottle at 12 months! 12 MONTHS! yea you read right 1-2! Bottles are for babies and cups are for kids....or so I thought. Or maybe I just don't want to admit my baby isn't so much a baby anymore??
Anyways. She told me to take the bottle cold turkey. Do it for 3 days and he will be adjusted. YEAH RIGHT! This is the 3rd day! I have been strong and not given in. Ba-ba, bottle or anything similar to these words are now profane and considered cussing. Dalen is not adjusting very well without his precious Ba-Ba.

Dalen freaking out this morning. He was so mad he had a cup and not his ba-ba he ripped down every hanging towel in the bathroom.

Trying to adjust.


This is not really working.




No comments: