Monday, January 5, 2009

Twinkies

Mario and I recently made a church change. Mario is the new young adult pastor at a small church in Cleveland. They don't have nursery for kids Dalen's age and let me sum it up as nice as possible...every Sunday has been challenging. They have a cry room which Dalen has unfortunately been admitted to every Sunday. He gets so excited during the music that he wants down to clap run and dance. Well we tried that and realized that was his outlet to just run wild. This Sunday Mario got to welcome the congregation and Dalen amen'd his comments with screams of DADA!! So this week in the cry room Dalen was trying to do everything possible to even just get a glimpse of Mario. So here he is standing on a toy just to see out of the cry room. Once he spotted Mario he began shouting DADA! Then he began screaming and I began to cry. Seriously, my life feels so hopeless because all Dalen wants is Mario. Shortly after my tears began and his screams increased, I noticed the back row turning around. Yea, that new mother that told me the room was "sound proof"was TOTALLY wrong. She also told me you can only see out so that mothers can breastfeed and after checking to see if that was the truth...I realized that was false as well. So our new congregation was probably watching as I cried and Dalen shouted. What a GREAT 1st impression. After Dalen began banging on the window like a jailed prinsoner I figured he would disturb just as much in church as he would out of church. We quietly made it back to our seats and enjoyed the rest of service.
Here are my twinkies. Mario wanted this sweater for Christmas and we randomly found Dalen a matching one at the consignment store. They proudly wore them to church.


No comments: