Thursday, January 8, 2009

Ode To Crawfish Pie (A special thanx to Hank Williams)

Yesterday, holds one of my all-time favorite memories of Dalen. Luckily it lasted long enough for me to catch a few seconds of the fun. Dalen took about a 30 minute nap yesterday. His teeth have been killing him. After giving him orajel almost instantly he fell back to sleep on my shoulder. Lately the only time Dalen has been happy with me is if he is eating or sleeping...he just wants Mario. So I decided to let him finish napping on my bed. I dozed off for a few as well.
I woke up a bright and cheery smiling Dalen. As soon as my eyes opened he sat up and went for our alarm clock (which he now knows how to turn on and off and UP!) He turned the volume up and began to dance. Here it is...

I am not sure if I laughed more at the lyrics of this old Hank Williams song or more at the fact that he tuned the radio there and chose to listen! The lyrics are hysterical; I have copied and pasted them below. Hopefully you may get just as big of a laugh as I did. Once the song ended Dalen laid back took a breath and began to whine dada....then the "real" fun began.

Hank Williams-On the Bayou

Good-bye Joe, me gotta go, me oh my oh Me gotta go pole the pirogue down the bayou My Yvonne, the sweetest one, me oh my oh Son of a gun, we’ll have big fun on the bayou

(Chorus) Jambalaya and a crawfish pie and file' gumbo 'Cause tonight I’m gonna see my ma cher amio Pick guitar, fill fruit jar and be gay-o Son of a gun, we’ll have big fun on the bayou Thibodeaux, Fontainenot, the place is buzzin’ Kinfolk come to see Yvonne by the dozen Dress in style and go hog wild, me oh my oh Son of a gun, we’ll have big fun on the bayou

(Chorus) Jambalaya and a crawfish pie and file' gumbo 'Cause tonight I’m gonna see my ma cher amio Pick guitar, fill fruit jar and be gay-o Son of a gun, we’ll have big fun on the bayou Settle down, far from town, get me a pirogue And I’ll catch all the fish in the bayou Swap my mon to buy Yvonne what she need-o Son of a gun, we’ll have big fun on the bayou (Chorus) Jambalaya and a crawfish pie and file' gumbo 'Cause tonight I’m gonna see my ma cher amio Pick guitar, fill fruit jar and be gay-o Son of a gun, we’ll have big fun on the bayou

No comments: