Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Family Funnies

Well, let's just start with today. My darling husband let me sleep in until a whopping 9:30 am! I was up and down all night with contractions and an upset stomach. Too bad they were consistent enough! I am so ready to have this kid. Anyways, Dalen has to have his tubes checked once a month-annoying, but he LOVES his dr.-and today was the day.

Here is a pic of Dalen in the BIG exam chair which he just loves b-c it raises in the air.
And here is his precious dr. who can't be a day younger than 79 1/2! I love him and so does Dalen. I just want to pinch him and tell him you are toe tweet!

Anyways, after Dalen's appointment the dr. always offers him a sucker and Dalen of course went crazy! He took off out the door, down the hall and little Mr. MIA was discovered in the main office standing right under the sucker jar. Wow, how in the world?! The doctor laughed...kinda...and gave him a sucker. Dalen clapped, jumped and squealed and the dr. responded to his little celebration with, "Well, hot diggity dog!" Dalen ripped the paper off this sucker and began to lick away and then responded with a huge smile, "Well, hot puppy dogs!" LOL! Hilarious.
I allowed Dalen to stay in church on Sunday morning to listen to the music and they sang Satan The Blood of Jesus Is Against You. Yes you could tell there was some excitement in the hearts of believers on Sunday. Dalen loved this song and has been singing it all week. He has the words a little confused and keeps singing, "Satan the blood of Jesus, I forgive you!" Oops!

After this being his song selection for the week and begging to eat at Holiday Inn we are certain he has Church of God genes roaming in his blood.
Last night while I was getting out of the shower, in ran Dalen. He patted my belly and said, "Aww, Tola (cola) still in that belly?" I told him yes but began to explain she would be coming out VERY soon. He started jumping and laughing and said, "Oh tool (cool), Tola's toming (coming) on an airplane!" And I thought, I surely wish a runway could be used as her exit ramp because this whole c-section thing is going to NOT be fun!
And last but not least-Dalen was put into time out AGAIN at school. Only this time for hitting. His afternoon teacher told me (who also works with our college ministry) that she told him if he didn't stop she would call Mario and Dalen said you tan't (can't) he isn't home. She then told him she meant on his cell phone and he lied and said, "Daddy, doesn't have a cell phone!" That little conniving booger! He is a mess! And while we are talking cell phones-my charger broke so I had to go to Verizon and I won't lie-I let Dalen be THAT kid. He ran around pushing a million buttons on all sorts of phones while I waited for an eternity to be rung up. He finally found a laptop thing in the store just as I was ready to go and I told him it was time to go. He turned around with such an attitude and said, "Mom, I am on the internet!" Oh my word I thought I was going to die. You would swear he is hitting puberty with his little eye rolling and attitude when he is interrupted.

1 comment:

Lisa Michelle Turner said...

these are too good!!! I was rolling with laughter. my favorite is the doc. office visit! hahaha