Saturday, January 9, 2010

Shower Me With Love

This weekend has been so great so far. Friday night we went to dinner with friends and then played Wii. Yes, I played Wii. Let me tell you, the whole thing was quite hysterical and pics may come later.

Saturday my friends threw me a shower and I was showered with love! I didn't think you had more than one shower but I was approached and asked if my friends could throw me another one and who in their right mind would decline?
I am so excited about having a baby tv monitor to stalk my little one on. Even though we live in a small house if I get out of bed I am up for a long time. I think this monitor will let me know if the movement I am hearing or any insecurities I am sensing are worth getting up for. I am so excited and actually feel techie. Ha
Here is a shot of my friends who hosted the shower. Thanks to all of them for all of their effort. Everything was perfect. Oh, and me and Katie weren't fighting I was just trying to dodge Abby's fancy chandelier.
The set-up! All kinds of yummy goodies including one of my most favorite dips (corn and jalapeno). And who could forget the red velvet cupcakes-which match the babies room :)
I just loved this!
And now to all of you who wondered what Dalen did while I was away...Dalen attended a birthday party for a friend. He was turning 1 and it was a circus theme. There was a clown, dove, rabbit and LOTS of candy. When he came home he was running full force with a wad of gum in his mouth and shaking this poor goldfish all about in a ziploc baggy. I used to have a lot of fish so I was so excited about the newest addition to the family. Yes, I know I will be cleaning the bowl but what's one more thing to clean with the plethora of others on our list?
Can you tell Dalen's happy? He named him Fishie Hood and at one point we thought he was dead after he laid helpless at the bottom of the bowl. I tapped, talked and even jostled the vase around a little but he didn't move. I told Dalen he was dead and he ran to the vase and said, "Oh tap (crap)!" Sorry, but Mario and I BOTH had to laugh. Minutes later an orange flash caught my attention and Fishie Hood was swimming about again. Death, where is thy sting??

Dalen kept trying to open the baggie while I searched for a home for the fish. I explained to him he could NOT open the bag because Fishie Hood would die and Dalen began to stomp and whine, "But Mommy he's getting wet!" LOL! Oh, I feel some funny blogs coming on about our new friend-I just hope they don't involve digestion and poop watching!

No comments: