Thursday, January 28, 2010

I have lost my mind and gained a belly!

Oh my gosh, this sums up how I feel! I have heard women talk about forgetting things or being absentminded due to pregnancy but honestly I just thought it was a lame excuse. Trust me, I have met some pregnant ladies that I am convinced use pregnancy as a crutch to get out of things or deny responsibilities. But it's real-it is SO real! Lately I know my mind is so far gone that I won't even pretend to be sane!

The other day I was so focused on keeping my balance (which is TOTALLY off with this pregnancy) while putting on my underwear that I soon realized I was putting my leg through my bra strap...needless to say I didn't get it very far! Oh me, oh my!

The only thing really we need to get done around here is laundry. It is the household task that never ends and I am sure our loads will multiply, especially having a girl. My thoughts are just running wild all the time and I get so distracted thinking that I forget what task I am trying to complete. I was standing at the dryer, thinking of what kind of clothes I would wash next (whites, towels, coloreds?) and then I before I knew it I had taken all of the clothes from the dryer and put them back in the washer!

This morning I hunted at least ten minutes for my keys before I remembered I had started my car like 20 minutes before my search began! Yeah, I wasted so much gas! And I can't tell you how many times I have walked around with my glasses on and said to myself, "Gosh, things look blurry with these things on." Then I realize it looks blurry because I never took my contacts out! LOL! I am going mad!

Dalen has had a little cold and thank God his jabbering stopped me before I put nasal drops in his mouth instead of his nose! What am I going to do when I have two kiddos to deal with?! I am starting to make my self nervous! At least I have an organized and focused husband though...WRONG! I think this mind thing is contagious! My poor husband is losing it too!

I asked him three times the other night at dinner to grab Dalen's sippy cup from the counter and he would go in the kitchen every time but come out with something besides his cup! Yesterday, I asked him to get the clothes from the dryer for me and I would fold them. He walked in the dining room and came in the living room without the clothes. I reminded him again and then he left to go to work without ever bringing them to me!! LOL! The night before he barricaded our back door with trash bags full of donations to Goodwill (just so he wouldn't forget them) and somehow totally got out the back door without taking them to the donation drop off! He text me yesterday saying, "I am almost leaving to come home, need anything?" An hour and 20 minutes passed and I text him saying, "Did you forget how to get home?" I was afraid he was on his way to Florida because his thoughts were distracted by how badly we both need a vacation.

It's funny now but I promise we have either driven each other crazy or pregnancy has made us mad. Well, onto some good news. I am having my c-section next Wednesday and I got all of my info for that day today at my LAST doctor's appointment. YAY! I am literally up at night wondering what this baby will look like. I can NOT wait to hold her, bathe her and love her face to face.

1 comment:

lindsay rae said...

i have sad news. i was just as absent minded as all that when i was pregnant with graham...and it hasn't gotten better! i can't even talk right most days. i say things backwards all the time. sometimes ben just looks at me and says, "i have no idea what you just said, mom." and when i say it again, i realize i said it backwards the first time. it's nuts!

those shirts are made by caters. i think natalie got them at khols!