Monday, January 25, 2010

Oh Happy Day!

Just in case you don't know me well, I keep things REAL and HONEST. Yes, I know I should have a more positive attitude and post an uplifting scripture or even better yet a super-spiritual status on my Facebook but I'd rather just be transparent. I'd rather let the whole entire world know that loving God and being happily married and enjoying parenthood has seen it's days of cloudy forecasts.

The last few weeks I have been having bouts of dizziness, lightheadedness (is that a word), and feeling down right crappy. At first we thought it was my low fluid-then maybe dehydration-then maybe low iron-and today we don't know what the heck it is but the feelings have NOT subsided. My thorough and wonderful doctor told me to go to L&D today to have things checked. We found out I am having frequent contractions but the baby and all my blood work looks great. I also found out you can have contractions that do not progress your cervix and cause dilation (I mean really what is the point of those) I got a shot (two actually, one in each cheek) that burns so bad they shot me up with a numbing agent as well. I don't think my young (and very nice nurse) realized with a caboose as BIG as mine you have to use double the numbing stuff because it did NOT help. Oh well, what's a little burning sensation along with round ligament pain, dizziness, nausea and the worst irritability I have ever dealt with.

Right before I was discharged my doctor called and said she wanted me to have the shot I got because she thinks I have an awful bladder infection which can cause all of my symptoms. Wow, I never ever in my lifetime thought a bladder infection could make you feel this way. My sister kept Dalen while I was at the doctor. Livi and Dalen were supposed to be taking a nap. I think you can tell that didn't happen...
I love God but sometimes I don't understand his ways. I love my marriage-it's an endless sleepover but let's get real sometimes the popcorn isn't as buttery as we like it. And I love my babies but there are days where I am totally convinced I qualify as the worst mother on the planet. Sorry, for all you positive minded people that just can't believe I'd be this honest.
My husband took this picture on Sunday. I love it. It's one of the last naps me and Dalen will take for a while on the couch. I doubt my incision will be wanting to be so cramped and of course Mario and I have already had the discussion who she will lay with on Sunday afternoons. Well fellow bloggers, here I am-in the buff. My buns are just a burnin' (STILL), I feel like crap and my only goal for tomorrow is to sleep all day while Dalen is at school. I am praying for sunshine tomorrow, relief from pain, and strength to get out and about.

1 comment:

Lisa Michelle Turner said...

We all have crappy days. It is normal. Anyone who tells you it isn't is lying.:) I hope today is much brighter, but if it isn't..maybe tomorrow will be. The best part about a low is knowing there is a high soon to come. Stick in there!