Saturday, January 23, 2010

Our Last Hoo-Rah!


Last night was Parent's Night Out-the last one before baby #2 makes her grand entrance. I am sure it will be a while before she is sent to enjoy endless play at the local church Dalen attends this amazing night at so we kept calling last night our last hoo-rah. Yay, for gift cards which made our dinner practically FREE (well, almost. Good Lord anyone checked the prices on Outback's menu? Are they catching the fish and hunting the beef in Australia and flying it 1st class back to little Cleveland??)

Anyway enough complaining about money. We had a GREAT dinner and I tried something new-Chicken and Swiss Sandwich. I even got the sampler portion of their Chocolate Thunder From Down Under dessert-YUM! After dinner we came home, collapsed on the couch and fearfully set our phone alarms JUST IN CASE our heavy eyes got to weighty to keep open. Luckily, we managed to stay awake and talk and laugh, with our eyes closed for the most part. HA! My body is falling apart!

Last night was a nightmare. Oh, well not exactly a nightmare because I wasn't asleep AT ALL! Mario left to pick Dalen up alone and by the time he was back I sleeping heavily until Dalen charged in with an art project he made. Dalen woke up all throughout the night. The two times I actually fell asleep I was awakened by him screaming out my name. I thought our nights would be sleepless due to a newborn but I think Dalen is in a little competition with who can be up more! Finally, Dalen was put in our bed. I tossed for about 20 minutes, went to the bathroom (a total of 7 times last night) and when I came back Mario had every inch of the comforter and Dalen had every inch of my side. I was too scared to move him in fears the beast would awaken again. So, I snatched my pillow and quilt and slept on the couch....UNTIL Dalen came in kissing my eyelids saying over and over, "Baby, baby...u not feeling well?" I thought maybe if I ignored him he'd move on to another pincushion but I was it this am. After a while of sweet kisses and soft whispers I was then jabbed in the cheek and heard, "Honey! You heard me!" I thought I was going to scream. What exactly does a woman have to do in this house for some sleep? Finally I got up, went to our room and didn't wake up until 10:30.

I am still exhausted! Ugh! On a brighter note...our bags are packed, the boppy slipcover has been washed, the dresser assembled, diaper genie ready for some stinky ones and my heart is so excited. Oh Lord, please if it's not too much to ask could she just come today?


No comments: